Friday, June 15, 2012

Bewdley

The route from Worcester to Bewdley continued along the Severn Way entirely alongside the Severn River.

The Severn is a lovely unspoiled river and this it remains along its length all the way from Worcester to Bewdley and beyond, with the adjoining footpath an unchanging muddy track along its banks. I met no one along its length with whom to share my walk.

I took the opportunity of adjacent B roads here and there to relive the unchanging river scenery but I seemed to be beyond the region of Tudor houses at every turn.

I reached Stourport on Severn later in the afternoon focussed mostly on finding accommodation. I also knew that from here I had the option of a canal route north to Wolverhampton (rather than round it) as an alternative to the Severn Way. But there was only one local Inn with overpriced rooms so I pressed on along a rather dreary B road to Bewdley given advice of it being a pretty town with more scope for Pub accommodation and B&B’s.
Bewdley turned out to have a lovely riverside frontage and several nice pubs and numerous pubs, one of which had modest B&B accommodation in which eventually lay my weary head.