Monday, May 14, 2012

D Day-2 Sydney

Its amazing that its possible to travel from one side of the world to the other and arrive at an inner-city destination less than five minutes behind schedule.
After an uneventful flight from Sydney to London I navigated my way to David and Marilyns house, a stone's throw from the River Thames,  then straight out to an amusing restaurant nearby.
After an evening of wine and swapping tales of our schooldaya together David spent the next day with me shopping for the final items needed for my journey and visiting my favourite outdoor megastore Decathlon in South London.
My fears of finding budget accommodation in Penzance proved unfounded as all three backpacker hostels had vacancies. Similarly booking a train from London to Penzance at a convenient time and decent price proved straightforward.